Help!!! I am being over-run with Legos. Both Mr Bean and Little Miss Adventure got several Lego sets each for Christmas. Usually I try to get them to put them together before they get to free play with them and they get put in a bin with all the mixed up other Lego pieces. This year, since there are about 6 or 7 more sets in the house, they have tried to put multiple ones together at the same time, or in the same place and only got 1 or 2 completed. Now so many of the sets have been mixed together because the staging ground to put them together is the dining room table and because of a quick clean by Dad, so we could eat Christmas dinner there.
My dilemma is do I just scrap them all and dump them into the bin that we use for storage, or try to keep them separate in the hope that the kids will try to put them together? Or do one for Little Miss Adventure, who never really cares to build the kit, and the other for Mr Bean who loves to build and then adapt the kit to suit what he wants to do with the rocket, ship or space ship? Decisions, decisions! I also would like to store them a little more organized than just all dumped in a bin. When the kids want to play with them the entire bin gets dumped out so they can find those itty bitty pieces that they want. This means that the dining room table, and sometimes even the chairs and floor (depending on how careful they are when they dump it over) are covered with all their Lego pieces. Daddy doesn't think they need anything else for storage as they wouldn't put it back correctly anyway, but I would rather them get smaller bins, containers, so they would only dump 1/3 or maybe 1/2 all the Legos out. Haa! Who am I kidding! It would actually depend on if they would find the piece they are looking for in the first, second or last bin, but a Mom can always hope!
If anyone has any suggestions on storing Legos, especially with little ones, that actually works, please help a girl out!
No comments:
Post a Comment